Sunday, October 24, 2021
Today News Australia . All Australian News in 1 Site CFD


Australian OnlyFans stars react to website’s explicit content ban

By news.com.au , in Technology , at August 20, 2021 Tags: ,


Technology

Australia’s most popular OnlyFans stars have reacted to the adult content subscription service’s announcement that it will ban sexually explicit material in the coming weeks.

OnlyFans swelled in popularity during the global coronavirus pandemic, with musicians and artists as well as sex workers taking to the platform to make mega bucks.

While utilised by a broad range of industries, the site has earned its reputation as the hot spot for influencers and sex workers to post sexually explicit photos and videos.

But in a shock announcement, OnlyFans revealed it would no longer allow such material to be shared from October, Bloomberg reported.

“In order to ensure the long-term sustainability of our platform, and continue to host an inclusive community of creators and fans, we must evolve our content guidelines,” OnlyFans said in a statement.

The changes were implemented following mounting pressure from payment providers and banking partners, according to the company.

It’s understood the website will shift more towards hosting the content of chefs, fitness instructors and musicians, more so than that of sex workers.

While the new rules will likely make it difficult for sex workers to sell their usual sexually explicit content, they will still allow for the sharing of nude photos and videos.

Former V8 Supercars racer Renee Gracie, who reportedly made more than $2 million since joining OnlyFans last year, claimed the website’s porn ban was nothing more than a free marketing ploy.

The 26-year-old explained that OnlyFans, which takes 20 per cent of commission from its uses, gives creators more control over their content.

“OnlyFans did something similar a while back. They made an announcement of clamping down on adult content, but it never happened,” Gracie said, as reported by The Daily Mail.

“It could just be the company looking for attention. Porn is a trillion-dollar industry. It’s never going away. The age of selling content is here.”

Former Love Island contestant Vanessa Sierra is one of Australia’s most popular OnlyFans stars, but does not anticipate the crackdown will impact her personally.

“It was bound to happen. My ex (YouTube personality Luke Erwin) and I knew this would happen since last year,” she said.

“They’re only removing porn, not nudity, so it won’t impact me.”



Source link

Comments


Leave a Reply


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *