Royal commentator Neil Sean says Prince Harry is getting paid $20 million for his memoir to give “some dirt” on the Royal Family. “He’s really going to have to turn over some …
Royal commentator Neil Sean says Prince Harry is getting paid $20 million for his memoir to give “some dirt” on the Royal Family. “He’s really going to have to turn over some people,” Mr Sean told Sky News host Paul Murray. “I think that’s such a terrible situation to be in. “I tell you what is interesting, no word from dame Meghan you’ll notice – she’s letting him be the baddie in all of this.”
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s “heartbreak” over Prince Philip’s death will be detailed in the new epilogue of Finding Freedom, the book’s publisher announced Monday.
The paperback edition of authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand’s royal biography will be available on Aug. 31 — the 24th anniversary of the death of Harry’s mother, Princess Diana.
“In the new epilogue, Scobie and Durand share behind the scenes of Harry and Meghan’s groundbreaking interview with Oprah [Winfrey], details behind the couple’s move to California, the various philanthropic and business endeavours the Sussexes have been involved with since their move and what’s to come with Archewell Productions,” HarperCollins said in a press release.
RELATED: Royal family’s major Lilibet snub
The updated book will also explore Markle’s “emotional healing journey from losing a child” to the birth of her and Harry’s daughter, Lilibet Diana, to the “continuous challenges the couple faces regarding privacy and the British press.”
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex — who quit the royal family in January 2020 — found out the news that the Duke of Edinburgh had died at age 99 in April at their California home.
It was reported that Harry had to be woken by the Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Department in the dead of night with the news.
Harry, 36, made the trip back to the UK solo as Markle, 39, was heavily pregnant with Lilibet at the time. While on his home turf, he was forced to confront his relatives for the first time since his and Markle’s bombshell interview with Winfrey, 67, in March.
In a statement released by publishers Penguin Random House, Harry said: “I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become.
“I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story — the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think. I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a first-hand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.”
We then revealed that the deal — believed to be for four books — will also include a tome written by Harry and Markle on “leadership and philanthropy.”
This article originally appeared on Page Six and was reproduced with permission